The Town of Longboat Key has announced a beach renourishment project starting Sunday, June 6th, and will last a total of approximately 3 weeks. The town moved the project dates at this short hour from November to June due to an opportunity provided by the contractor and ultimately saving Longboat Key taxpayers $500,000.00. We apologize for the short notice. The impacts will be felt in stages as they proceed from the north at the L’Ambiance property and work south to New Pass in 500-foot increments lasting 3-4 days each.
The impacts will be as follows:
- The beach will be open and beach services will be available throughout the project.
- Periodic sectional beach closures will occur in 500-foot increments.
- After each 500-foot section is completed, a walkover for the dredging pipes will be in place to access the Gulf.
- The total project impact on our beach will last approximately 3 weeks – weather permitting
- The beach will be doubled in size.
For status updates, you may click on the following links pertaining to the project:
For all of Longboat Key’s latest news, visit my website, www.lbkathy.com